Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

A Galaxy S2-ian wants to Tab!

I'm not going to start off with awesome titles and a great sentence to start with, cos there's not much time left for me to blog. I was late in noticing the "It's time to Tab" contest. But I have to share this nonetheless.

It's a month since I bought my Samsung Galaxy S2 and that was after great research, comparisons with other similar models. But the Galaxy S2 stood apart and I had to buy it. When I held the device, I wasn't sure if I had made the right choice. It felt very light and flimsy. I was in split-minds! I just spent a huge amount of money and I was holding a device which's about 4.5 inches long diagonally, yet weighs just about a 100 grams. It is packed with a 1GB RAM, a 1.2Ghz Dual core Processor, has a Gorilla glass display, has the best battery life compared to other phones in its class and it is this light?? I wasn't too sure.

My Galaxy S2's Home screen


I went back home, played around with the phone. Tried everything. And when I say 'everything', I mean it. 
The Camera(I had to try it first cos I'm a photo-freak. I can spend eons just clicking a wall with nothing on it!), configured my emails, downloaded apps from the Android Market, games from the Game Hub, transferred movies onto my phone and played it(it was awesome, by the way!), configured and started chatting on gtalk(I'm a Google guy. I love gtalk, Picasa, GMail, Maps and everything Google),  used latitude, tried the GPS, played around with the video maker and the photo editor, ran multiple apps at once and not once did the phone slow down or show signs of glitches. It was pure awesomeness.

I totally exploited the voice command feature and I loved it everytime it misspelled a friend's name or made blunders. It worked well most times, though. I play a LOT of games and I tried NOVA 2 and GT Racing. It felt like I was running these games off a dedicated video card. It was that smooth and awesome.  When I'd switch to another app, the switching would be so seamless and within a fraction of a second. 

It was right then that my faith in my decision in purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S2 got reinforced and I had no qualms whatsoever about it. You know what? My phone accidentally slipped off my lap when I got up and fell 3 feet down on solid floor. I picked it up and surprisingly, it still was awesome. Just a rough abrasion on the top right, I cleaned it a few times and it's as good as new. So much for all the flimsiness. It is tough, it is fast and it is Awesome!!

I've been itching to buy a tablet for a long time! I've waited to see the specifications of the Galaxy Tab. It's a dual core processor, a mammoth 25.65 cms screen, a 3MP rear and a 2MP front camera and runs on Honeycomb! Seriously? Though people might want to argue and tell me - "Dude, you already have a super-computer in your pocket, why do you want a tab now?", I still want it. It's because it's not a phone. It's a tablet. It is what the future is. In a world where Augmented Reality is everything, the tablets do justice best!
The very fact that all the apps on my phone, and more will be available on a10.1 inch screen lets every Crimson Rose butterfly on Earth run wild inside my stomach! :D


To know more about this wonderful device, click on the video below to watch the recorded webcast of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 750's Launch. Don't blame me if you're hit with the Tablet-fever! The solution's the same like any other fever- Buy a Tablet! The Galaxy Tab 750 :D




~~Peace
R.o.H.i.T....

5 comments:

Raghavendra Mutt said...

I'm jealous of u..!!! :P

Khushboo R. Gandhi said...

hehe nice :p gud 4 ya :p

Spandana said...

Its a wonderful device. I asked my dad to gift me an ipad. I like Galaxy 750 tab now. He better be ready to gift me this now!
I purchased Galaxy S2 too and it is my best friend :-D

I said...

Amazng n kool description. Made me want 2 buy it

Varsha said...

You have S2...cool...and need a tab? Really? But then dil always maange more, hain na?!

Im rather late here....by now you would be dreaming of the Note!