Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

An Epistle from the Past

When the winds carried my epistles to you
And you chose to throw a sardonic grin
My heart thawed and splinters exited
You've touched and marked my soul indelibly
I'm still the same broken living mass, my love
And I will forever treasure you in my safest cove..

When the waters carried my salty please
You chose to decapitate me with ease
My soul cringed with fear of losing you
You wanted a love which wouldn't be easy
I'm still the same broken living mass, my love
And I will forever treasure you in my safest cove...
At Mawsmai Caves. Cherrapunji, Meghalaya.

When a time came and we shared the same air
You chose to cloister me and not understand
My skin burnt with your hate and indifference
You'll always remain beautiful, different or not
I'm still the same broken living mass, my love
And I will forever treasure you in my safest cove....

When I was pummeled with negativity and a big loss
You chose your epiphany, reneging that you'll stand by
My lips and limbs trembled, enough to shatter a star
You've introduced me to too much love, to let go and smile
I'm still the same broken living mass, my love
And I will forever treasure you in my safest cove.....

When the time was ripe for us to flit through happiness
You chose to believe your thawed heat, abandoning faith
I went taciturn by a million leagues to bring you back
You are the only Oasis my births can ever hope to have
I'm still the same broken living mass, my love
And I will forever treasure you in my safest cove......

Love, never think I stopped loving you, for there wasn't a moment
When I didn't try picking at the locks life had caged my heart into
I always was my happiest self when around you, together or not
You shone so bright that I was able to crawl back from the undead
I tried reaching for your heart, but you allowed only your back
Then, now and forever, I'll still be a broken living mass, my love
And I will forever treasure you in my safest cove,

Waiting for the moment when you let me reach your heart with alacrity..

~~
Rohit



4 comments:

Raghavendra Mutt said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wish you a happy new year 2017 ! It's been 7 years so every particle in our body is replaced ! Hope you have a great year ahead !!!

Swathi said...

Happy 30th birthday ! Wish you great times ahead ! TC

rohit Iyer said...

@Anonymous- Thank you and hope you're having a good one too :)

@Swathi- Thank you and wishing for great times ahead in your life as well! :)